Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Unemployment Office

As you may (or may not) know, last December the company I work for announced it had sold off our division (so it could redirect its focus on aquisitions bleh) and that all employees would be "let go" between now and lights out - June 9th. Luckily for me, I was allowed to stay through June. I'm not sure WHY...maybe it was empathy because my husband had just lost his job in October. Maybe it was because I was cheap labor and only worked part-time. Maybe it was my longevity in the department. Who knows -- all I know is that I was grateful. I felt like it bought me time to find a new job. I mean its 6 months from January - June right?

And now its August. And I STILL haven't found anything. I can't say I have been searching 100% of every day and every night. In my defense - I DO have a 3 year old!!!

Do you know when I was on my way to the DOL I passed a prostitute. I have seen one other prostitute in my entire life. Do you know that we came to a screeching halt when the driver two cars up saw this prostitute and pulled over to give her work? Seriously - -she is working and I'm not.

Pathetic.


1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh, honey. It's no wonder. She's in the oldest profession on earth.

Dear Mom,

Prelude:  I feel a little lost in this world.  March 21st 2019 my mom was given a "death" sentence of Pancreatic Cancer.  They tol...