Monday, January 9, 2006

Tennis!!!!!

Its so funny how a silly tennis match can have me so worked up. Friday night was the first practice for a new team I'm on and I was so nervous I thought I would come unglued. Its JUST tennis! I don't get paid to play this game either. I ended up having a good time at practice in spite of being pretty sore the next day. To think that the two hours we practiced on Friday would be enough practice for a match on Sunday...well that is reaching! On the way to the tennis center I told my husband that I wanted to go home. I knew I would go but I really was scared out of my mind.

Why do we get so nervous over things that are supposed to just be fun? I mean -- that IS why I signed up for that right? Its self imposed pressure that gets us everytime. No one was pressuring me to "win" on Sunday -- I was pressuring myself. Like I had something to "prove". I really didn't have "fun" until I chilled out during the second set. Talk about RAINING ON MY OWN PARADE!

I think the next time I will just go out and have fun...not worry about the first win. We already did that :)


Remember: Its not whether you win or lose, its having someone to walk you home after the game.....

No comments:

Dear Mom,

Prelude:  I feel a little lost in this world.  March 21st 2019 my mom was given a "death" sentence of Pancreatic Cancer.  They tol...