Thursday, November 8, 2007

QotD: Never Going Back Again

What's been your worst experience at a restaurant?

*stomps feet - throws grocery store fit*

I wanted to answer the QotD and this isn't a question I wanted to answer.

Bennigans in New Orleans. We were on our way to the SUGAR BOWL (woo hoo) and it was the only thing at the exit where we were...I guess? Long story short - we ordered...three hours later we left. It took forever. They were completely incompetent. (An hour after they took our orders they told us they didn't have any baked potatoes -- an hour...is that how long they took to RUN OUT). The food that we were actually served (which for many of us wasn't what we ordered) as you can imagine -- was disgusting. The servers were rude and hostile.



Now the strangest restaurant....

Only my sisters would understand this...my Dad driving us around on trips was full of danger, excitement, fast thrills and hard stomps on the breaks to avoid accidents. So one night we were again in New Orleans again - (going to the Sugar Bowl - woo hoo) ....and we decided to go out for a scrumptious NO style cuisine -- or a burger joint whatever came first. We went down some road in some suburb (obviously LOST) and my dad said we're going here to "The Red Barn" and rapidly swings our navy blue conversion van into a tailspin to stop at this complete dive of a restaurant....well turns out it wasn't actually "The Red Barn" but "The Red Bean". When we pointed this out to Dad he was like - "oh" and we all busted out laughing but stopped laughing when he got out anyway and said we were eating there. (Dad does like to stick to his word!) I don't really remember much about that night except I think their chicken consisted of the leftover pieces from the old McDonalds chicken nuggets (life before the "white meat") and it must have caused my memory to block out the experience. Needless to say when my Dad wanted to back there (just to remember those great times) they were closed -- can you say CONTAMINATION?!@#!@?

No comments:

Dear Mom,

Prelude:  I feel a little lost in this world.  March 21st 2019 my mom was given a "death" sentence of Pancreatic Cancer.  They tol...