Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Politics 101

Oh no she didn't....Oh YES she did! The Mayor of the City of Atlanta wrote a letter on Michael Vick's behalf ON CITY STATIONARY! I personally find this appalling that she would speak for the entire city in support of leniency for a convicted criminal. If she wants to put it on Shirley Franklin embossed papers that is one thing -- but she is NOT representing the city when she spews out this garbage:

"Michael especially was a role model for the City's underprivileged children. To them, Michael was much more than just a football player. He gave those kids hope."

Mayor Franklin do you write letters for teachers who break the law - but tirelessly give themselves everyday for kids? Do you write a note for the nurse who runs a traffic light on the way home from work?

Give me a break.

The article is here


The letter is here

My issue is not that she supports Vick -- although I seriously question her reasons. My issue is that she wrote the letter on CITY STATIONARY. That is a COMPLETE ABUSE OF POWER.

Mayor, keep the city out of your personal issues -- isn't that politics 101?

No comments:

Dear Mom,

Prelude:  I feel a little lost in this world.  March 21st 2019 my mom was given a "death" sentence of Pancreatic Cancer.  They tol...