Monday, December 27, 2004

Acceptance Speech

Thank you...Thank you so much.

[applause]

Thank you...

[polite laugh]
[more applause]

Thank you...

[flash smile]

Wow...Thank you so much. I am just in disbelief. [place hand over heart - as if exaspirated] I had a wonderful time working on this incredible project and have so many people I would like to thank [pause] on a personal level.

Of course, my family and friends...for putting up with me...and encouraging me during the difficult moments but who also are the most joyous tonight. [specify family and friends][politely point out husband and sister]

I'd like to thank the people who voted for me to get this incredible award. [list known votes]

Also, I wish to thank my agent for helping me land this awesome adventure [mention agent & agency]

To all the people behind the scenes...thank you so much. [list people]

[look down at fabulous pink gown -- smooth out skirt]
And to Vera Wang for making me this fabulous dress (ok i'm kidding about this one)

I'd also like to thank the visitors of The Lovers, The Dreamers and Me who's constant hits to my blog continued my interest in writing.

And finally to ___________________, with whom I shared this dream and then made it real. (can't wait to meet you)


Remember: Always be prepared.

No comments:

Dear Mom,

Prelude:  I feel a little lost in this world.  March 21st 2019 my mom was given a "death" sentence of Pancreatic Cancer.  They tol...