Sunday, August 7, 2005

The FIRST Day of School

Tomorrow is the first day of second grade for my almost 7 year old niece. Tomorrow is just another day for me -- but for her -- its exciting. WHO will be in her class? What will her day be like? Who will she have for reading? She is so excited (I am wondering if she is lying awake thinking instead of sleeping RIGHT NOW). I am excited for her and remember my first day(s) of school. Its like there is no routine yet -- new backpack -- new shoes -- new friends. I liked school a lot and so in reflection I have good memories. My FAVORITE grade was 8th...my LEAST favorite was 11th...

So I have just one thing to tell Miss Molly...only 180 school days left until SUMMER! :)

Remember: Water your african violets from the bottom

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...meeting that cute blonde girl in homeroom ;)

Mark said...

My girls start 1st grade in three weeks. They can't wait! I remember not being able to sleep the night before the first day each year. I just wish I could forget the dorky clothes my Mom made me wear :)

Mark

Dear Mom,

Prelude:  I feel a little lost in this world.  March 21st 2019 my mom was given a "death" sentence of Pancreatic Cancer.  They tol...