Thursday, November 17, 2005

Internet Predators

I watched a show on Dateline last Sunday night about Internet Predators. I can't even begin to tell you how shocking that story was. Children exploited on the internet by creepy rat @#$%^ards trying to seduce, kidnap, molest or God only knows what to them. How trusting our children are...and to have someone so evil that they take advantage of them mentally (and if they are able - physically) like this is just baffling to me. I have worked in Education for a long time. I watched as our school district implemented a state of the art network for students to become "connected". But just like the real world the dangers out there are just as many as the wonders.

It is my advice that you WATCH your children CLOSELY on the Internet. It seemed that from that story the victims were usually between 10 - 15. My precious neice has email and she's only 7 so I can imagine it could happen as soon as they can read and or type. If your child has a computer in their room make sure you have a filter and a router tracing their internet usage. Monitor it - maybe reconsider moving it to more of a "public" place.

Dateline Article

WARNING not appropriate for children:
Graphical Chat Logs / Company used to help "catch" these fruitcakes

Listen. Watch. Stay Informed.


Remember: Wash your windows after the sun has gone down to prevent streaking.

No comments:

Dear Mom,

Prelude:  I feel a little lost in this world.  March 21st 2019 my mom was given a "death" sentence of Pancreatic Cancer.  They tol...