Saturday, February 11, 2006

And the crowd chants USA! USA! USA!


PATRIOTISM

Main Entry: pa·tri·ot·ism
Pronunciation: 'pA-trE-&-"ti-z&m, chiefly British 'pa-
Function: noun
: love for or devotion to one's country

My Dad is a lot of things and one of the most pronounced things is...he's a patriot. He loves this country and is proud to call this land his home. This devotion to a land and the rewards from such devotion is something he has taught my sister and myself. He is a staunch *insert political party here* and criticizes opposing leaders as a way to exercise his freedom to do so. One thing I learned early on, growing up in Smalltown USA, was that whenever Americans stand together, great things can happen. THAT is why I love the Olympics. Everyone is joined together, rooting for the home team and that just feels really nice. Whenever you see a group of Americans waving the flag, how can you not feel a sense of pride?

I am proud of the US Athletes, even those who have not yet competed.

And the crowd chants USA! USA! USA!


Remember: Do not look where you fell, but where you slipped. - African Proverb

No comments:

Dear Mom,

Prelude:  I feel a little lost in this world.  March 21st 2019 my mom was given a "death" sentence of Pancreatic Cancer.  They tol...