Saturday, November 24, 2007

Black Friday...how it went.

These are the stores we went to in order:

Start: 5:45

JoAnn's Craft Store

Best Buy

American Girl (it didn't open until 9 -- so we went back later)

Sears - Lands' End store

Brookstone

American Girl

Pottery Barn Kids

Belk

Gap Kids

Macy's

Old Navy

Target

Lowes

Pizza joint to bring home pizza for the peeps

End 1:45

JoAnn's wasn't an Ally stop but I love looking at all the crafty stuff. Sometimes I participate, but this year I didn't. I'll do get to get a wreath on the door this Christmas with the broken leg.

Best Buy was insane. I found the 3 items I was looking for there and was happy -- but the line was horrible. We brought my wheelchair (crutches and standing in line for 45 minutes is NOT a good idea). I sat in line while my sister kept dropping stuff off. The people behind me kept hitting my wheelchair with their cart - lurching me forward into the guys in front of me (thank goodness they were nice). One time my sister was making one of her stops and saw them do it! Her mother in law decided to stand behind me to stop them-- well they HIT HER TOO with their stupid cart - multiple times. It was ludicrous.

American Girl - did not open before 9. We went back later.

Sears - wasn't bad. The bathrooms were disgusting - don't get me started on that.

Brookstone - I finally got my father in law something I am happy with...and they are shipping it to him! YAY I couldn't believe the people in that store that just pretended I wasn't there - in line - waiting to check out. (more on that later)

American Girl - MAD HOUSE. People were yanking stuff off the shelves so fast. I wheeled in the store and wheeled RIGHT BACK OUT.

Pottery Barn Kids - has the cutest stuff and it is so expensive. I hate them. (just kidding)

Belk - the aisles HAVE GOT TO BE against fire code. I couldn't wheel anywhere in that store. My sister was trying to maneuver me around the store and some man came right up behind her and LINGERED there. She was like ummm sir...we've got to turn around. He evenutally backed off. SICKO.

Gap Kids - one of very FEW stores that offer PJs with feet for 12 month old kiddies.

Macy's - I swear they were giving away something in the shoe department. Not only that, but this woman who was 7 feet tall almost WALKED over me in my wheelchair. Ask my sister - I kid you not. They were having great sales though.

Old Navy - don't do it. They offer $5 shipping its worth it to not get in the mess.

Target - not so bad. They didn't have any carts for me to ride (which is a bummer because the Target ones are FAST) so I pushed myself in my wheelchair. It was pretty crowded in electronics and toys but the rest of the store was bearable.

Lowes - I stayed in the car. I enjoyed the beautiful sunshine and healthy people parking in the handicapped spots. (more on that later)

I need to re-evaluate my list. Hopefully I'm almost finished. That is a good thing.

No comments:

Dear Mom,

Prelude:  I feel a little lost in this world.  March 21st 2019 my mom was given a "death" sentence of Pancreatic Cancer.  They tol...